This Operations Engineer position will be responsible for operational and customer care responsibilities towards messaging products within iconectiv and will be contributing to the completion of all operational tasks under the general direction of the manager. Able to handle moderately complex issues related to messaging platform independently. Has full hands on experience in messaging related products, has extensive knowledge of SQL Servers and my SQL databases and has hands on experience working with applications, monitoring information systems, virtualization, networking knowledge to troubleshoot and able to do product operations and scripting. Ensures the effective monitoring of the products and responses to hardware, database, software, and network problems. Will actively participate on to advance assigned projects from concept, design, development, through launch to market. We are looking for someone that can be a team player and has strong problem-solving, good hands on technical skills and communication skills. This individual will be responsible for the health and welfare of our primary MS SQL, reporting databases. This individual will direct the ongoing vision for our production database technologies and manage the database operations for a high availability transaction processing system.
The Operations Engineer shall also schedule and direct activities to resolve software problems related to products in a timely and accurate fashion:
• Administration of databases, including backup strategy management, account management, and file maintenance Implementation of highly-available database systems with tools such as clustering, replication, log shipping, and database mirroring and create and run reports.
- Creation and delivery of ad-hoc reports to internal and external customers. Ability to troubleshoot database-related and application related systems problems, including performance, exceptions, and other business logic failures related to the data structure capacity
- Work on deployment, maintenance, and support of current and new data center infrastructure including Disaster recovery center.
• Experience in complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues
• Tests, configures and troubleshoot operational and network issues.
- Ability to write simple to complicated SQL Queries and has familiarity and able to create and run reports.
- Has familiarity using Wireshark and other protocol analyzers
• Participates actively in on-call rotations to support customers, which may include occasional after hours, weekends and national holiday shift work.
• Takes part in the development of processes and creates documentations, troubleshooting guide for new areas of work or knowledge.
• Have hands on knowledge of Linux/Unix operations system and Databases.
• B.E degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering in technology and or equivalent work experience
• High proficiency in SQL (SQL Server, Oracle/MySql databases), Python, shell scripting is a must, Java knowledge is desirable.
• 5+ years of working in Technical operations, experience is a must
• Monitoring experience in Nagios, Zenoss, Solarwinds or similar is desired.
• Having hands on experience in configuration management skills to automate repetitive tasks
• Excellent phone and verbal, writing communication skills. Good communication skills is a must to handle international customers, technical and non-technical staff.
• Excellent work ethics and customer focus
• Initiative, critical thinking and good follow through are key characteristics
• Any experience with Service Now or Jira or similar ticketing system is a plus
• Experience with AWS is desired.• Working knowledge using Elastic search, Kibaana and similar big data platforms is a big plus.
• Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: SMPP, TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP and SOAP protocol is a plus.
• Ops Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.): 1 year
• Linux client side and server side technologies: 1 year