successful brand engagement
The ultimate priority for your company is to engage with customers and the best way to do that is through their preferred way of receiving and consuming information, text messaging. Since short codes are the most universally effective and trusted messaging option for engaging with customers through texts, they are the messaging option of choice for companies. Why? Because customers opt in and invite future engagement.
Short codes are the unique, personalized five-to-six-digit numbers that make text messaging campaigns possible. Short codes bring customers into the branded experience, whether inviting them to vote, get an alert, enter a contest, redeem a coupon, make a donation, get product information or take a poll. Since consumers must opt-in, messages sent via short codes are uniquely effective in their ability to hit their target audience with remarkable consistency. Unlike email marketing efforts, which often end up filtered into a junk or spam folder, mobile marketing initiatives have a proven track record of success.
Simply put, short codes drive consumer engagement.
the code for success
iconectiv is the administrator of the Short Code Registry, which is run under the auspices of CTIA, the governing body representing the U.S. wireless communications industry. As the administrator, iconectiv is responsible for maintaining a single database of available, reserved and registered short codes. Here are some of the ways brands leverage the power of short codes to drive customer engagement and profits:
- Alerts: Keep your customers informed about specific events as they’re happening
- Special events: Provide live scoring updates at games or links to exclusive content during events
- Subscription content: Enhance the customer experience with recipes, updates or branded games
- Polls and surveys: Increase customer engagement through snap polls and share the results
- Fundraising: Raise money for important causes and natural disaster relief via text donations
- Games and sweepstakes: “Text and win” contests can drive brand loyalty and engagement
- Opt-in Information: Use the immediacy of short code text messaging to offer more information on products and services
- Coupons and promotions: Offer time-sensitive discounts and special offers