NOC II Engineer
Your role as a NOC Engineer II is to ensure service platform health and integrity through system, application, network, security, and database monitoring. In this position, you will play a crucial role in the Network Security Operations Center (NSOC) by being a key member of the service solution monitoring team. In addition to monitoring, you will be required to provide support to the Customer Service and Operations Engineering teams to assist in troubleshooting service/system issues, collecting system/application/performance data, managing trouble tickets, performing notifications and escalations and system and application sanity testing.
As a NOC II Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Must be available to work 24x7 rotating shifts including day, swing, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Production and Test environment application and security (SIEM) platform monitoring for alarms, performance and security issues on systems, applications, databases, and network/customer connectivity.
- Participate in change management process planning, manage change executions, and perform system critical changes and validations real time with strict time constraints.
- Manage application, network, security events that occur. Create, modify, troubleshoot, and close production trouble tickets. Routing issues to appropriate teams or vendors to be investigated and provide technical and procedural assistance wherever needed or requested.
- Perform basic system administrator functions such as: alarm detection, correlation, and resolution; capture and review error logs, capture and analyze trace data, platform sanity testing, run performance and capacity analysis reports and provide overall system administration assistance whenever needed or requested.
- Support platform maintenance and testing initiatives.
- Support/Perform Project Tasks, Requirements, and other Operations deliverables, as requested.
- Strictly adhere to standard Methods and Procedures (M&P) and Protocols defined for Operations Center personnel.
- Generate and maintain operational and technical documentation to support the development and/or improvement of all Operations initiatives - M&Ps, Standard Operations Procedures, MoPs, Testing Execution Records, and Technical Administration Guides.
- Perform assigned daily, weekly, and monthly operations maintenance duties.
- Mandatory attendance at staff meetings and training seminars.
- Successful completion of NOC Certification Training Curriculum
- Current Industry Certification – Linux+ (LPIC, CompTIA or higher)
- Current Industry Certification – Network+ (CompTIA or higher)
- Hands on Experience with Security Monitoring (Minimum 1-year SIEM experience required for tier 1 level investigations)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technology related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Hands on production Linux/Solaris experience and system administration experience.
- Must have previous production experience in Network or Application Service Operations Center, technical troubleshooting, customer support, monitoring systems and knowledge of ticket and incident management, resolution, and escalation processes.
- Knowledge of IT service operations and management. Experience in a customer care and technical support in an IT environment including troubleshooting browser configurations and end user issues with VPN client installation and configurations.
- Hands on experience with RSA provisioning and connectivity troubleshooting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications Suite and SharePoint.
- Proficiency with Written and Oral communications and documentation.
- Familiarity with ITIL standards, ServiceNow, Testing, Number Portability, Telecommunications and Networking is a plus.
- Personal Attributes: Must be a Team-player; good organizational, writing, and communication skills; customer and quality focused; highly motivated and self-starter; innovative thinker; and able to work independently.