The Director of Telecom Sales role will be based in the UK and will be focused on developing sales strategies, executing sales plans, creating customer interest, and managing channel partners. This role will focus on the iconectiv product portfolio and will be responsible for closing both new business and renewal business.
Major Duties and Functions:
- Individual contributor responsible for driving sales in the UK telecom industry to include meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Develop and maintain key telecom client relationships.
- Must be able to develop, keep current and execute Strategic Account/Territory plans.
- Improve and drive product and services specific strategies and sales cycles.
- Leverage existing relationships to position iconectiv’s entire suite of products.
- Follow corporate deal approval process.
- Travel to key customer sites are a regular and required activity.
- Interact and coordinate with other sales teams working on the same account.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key customer stakeholders and executives.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements.
- Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Forecast and track key account metrics.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven account management, channel management, or other sales experience in the UK telecom industry.
- Familiarity with UK telecom regulatory trends such as fixed voice and broadband switching.
- Familiarity with trusted communications trends such as STIR/SHAKEN and RCS.
- Familiarity with mobile and fixed number portability and numbering management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience and relationships within the UK telecommunications industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience selling solutions to Telecom Senior Executive, marketing, planning and operations groups.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Results driven, team player with strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to work with a minimum level of supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written) Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.