Customer service skills like; patience, attentiveness, attention to detail, and clear communication are vital, while basic PC, and network connectivity troubleshooting skills are highly desired. Our customer services desk provides end user support of proprietary business applications and standard (off the shelf) client software. Individuals that demonstrate initiative and self-direction in this fast paced company will find ample professional growth opportunities. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- This role is slated to be a Tuesday through Saturday 11:00 PM – 8:00 AM Eastern Time shift in support of a 24x7x365 Service Desk – Network Operations Center (NOC). In addition, there will be the occasional requirement/opportunity to work after hours, weekends and national holiday shift work.
- Monitor and respond to multiple channels of customer communication including chat, email, and phone.
- Ability to Multi-task and prioritize work tasks based on specific customer requests.
- Accurately entering tickets into a ticketing system, assigning the tickets per a documented schedule or process, and calling/emailing support technicians as required to support issues.
- Support the following types of calls, questions, or tickets (not all-inclusive):
- IT Desktop Applications (ex. Outlook, Microsoft Office, VPN software)
- IT Infrastructure (ex. telephones, network/internet connectivity)
- Customer Service Requests (ex. password resets, VPN token resets, service questions)
- Desktop Application Troubleshooting
- External iconectiv Product requests
- Production and Test environment platform monitoring and ticketing for alarms and performance issues on systems, applications, databases, and network/customer connectivity.
- Manage alarm events and technical application issues – creating, modifying, troubleshooting, and closing trouble tickets and routing issues to appropriate teams or vendors to be investigated and provide assistance wherever needed or requested.
- Be able to carefully follow written instruction to execute troubleshooting and feedback when the written instruction requires updates.
- Use critical analytical skills to troubleshoot customer reported incidents which may also include working with other departments to satisfy customer needs.
- Learn and understand all provided training materials associated with the industry, the application, customer service, and related processes/procedure.
- Excellent work ethic, time management, teamwork, and strong customer focus are key skills required to perform this function successfully.
- Gain a thorough understanding of internal processes and assist as needed
- BA/BS degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Any application support experience would be a plus.
- Good writing skills and the ability to author professional correspondence.
- Initiative, critical thinking, detailed execution, and good follow through are key characteristics.
- Being a self-starter and an excellent team player is a must.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows Operating Systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with Network and Cyber security concepts is a plus.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus
- Experience using “Chat” to support customer communications (requires strong written communication skills).