Customer service and other soft skills are vital, while basic PC, laptop and network connectivity troubleshooting skills are desired. This customer services desk will provide end user support of proprietary business applications and standard (off the shelf) client software while providing outstanding customer service. The person that demonstrates initiative and self-direction in this fast paced company will find ample professional growth opportunities.
- Monitor and respond to multiple channels of customer contact including chat, email, and phone.
- Support the following types of calls, questions, or tickets:
- Customer Service
- Application Troubleshooting
- Assisting customers perform porting related tasks.
- Executing planned porting activities for service providers.
- Data Entry
- Use critical thinking skills to troubleshoot incidents which will also include working with other departments to satisfy customer needs.
- Learn and understand all provided training materials associated with the industry, the application, customer service, and related processes/procedure
- Gain a full understanding of internal processes and assist as needed
- BA degree is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience is desired.
- Excellent phone and verbal communication skills
- Any experience with ServiceNow or similar ticketing system would be a plus
- Experience using “Chat” to support customers (requires good spelling)
- Any application support experience would be a plus
- Superior MS Office Skills
- Good writing skills and the ability to author professional correspondence
- Excellent work ethic and customer focus
- Initiative, critical thinking and good follow through are key characteristics
- Familiarity with Java Application Middleware; specifically Red Hat Jboss Enterprise Advanced Platform
- Understanding of Relational Database Management System concepts; especially in the Oracle Database product line
- Understanding of agile software development principles and knowledge of IBM Rationale and Testing Work Bench a plus
- Willingness to be a part of team supporting rotational on-call working environment/schedule.