Video: Navigating the Opportunities of Communications Infrastructure in the 5G Era
iconectiv and other industry leaders discuss the collaborative strategies that are shaping the future of 5G connectivity.
To meet the growing demand for seamless 5G wireless coverage across a range of use cases, the communications infrastructure ecosystem is adapting and changing. Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are looking for new ways to optimize their infrastructure investments. As a result, new opportunities are emerging for different types of businesses that are leveraging and interconnecting equipment, software and technologies. Traditional infrastructure companies and neutral hosts—companies that own and lease cell towers, data centers and fiber companies—are increasingly engaging across the industry to ensure the efficient and cost-effective delivery of exceptional wireless connectivity.
The Network Media Group sat down with a panel of industry experts to discuss the evolving nature of the 5G ecosystem, including:
• How the rollout of 5G is impacting traditional infrastructure and neutral host networking, uncovering new business models, encouraging interconnectivity and collaboration and driving innovation.
• How neutral hosts can efficiently manage shared-tenant equipment and connections, ensuring seamless connectivity for CSPs.
• How data center operators and tower companies are evolving to provide a broader array of products and services that are essential for a cost-effective 5G rollout.
• Patrice McAree – VP of Innovation, American Tower
• Utpal Mangla – GM of Edge – Cloud, IBM
• Jon Herttua – Director, iconectiv
• Fernando Perez – Vice President, BD, JMA
Where: To watch the full video of the panel discussion, click here.