The Trusted Communications Superheroes Chronicles: Episode Two
In the infinite and ever-evolving telecom universe, a mighty team of superheroes are battling villains set on disrupting the trusted communications ecosystem! These are their stories…
Identification Verifier and the Hacker Saga
They are the focus of global headlines and one of the trusted communications ecosystem’s biggest headaches: hackers hiding behind computer screens, intent on defrauding anyone and everyone they can! Who are these villains? The Trusted Communications Identification Verifier is intent on stopping them!
Working tirelessly to ward off this evil, the Identification Verifier is focused on ensuring that businesses know who they are speaking with and that consumers have the confidence to trust their caller ID and answer the telephone again. This epic unmasker of hackers and fraudsters also understands the ins and outs of STIR/SHAKEN and helps service providers navigate it.
Knowing that most people (an astounding 95%!) will answer a telephone phone call only when they know it is from a trusted source, Identification Verifiers use their special powers in spotting, blocking and stopping nuisance calls and spam, so that people can be confident that they will not miss critical communications from their schools, healthcare providers, financial institutions and other companies that provide the services and information that make their lives better and easier to manage.
When seeking out and combatting the bad actors, Identification Verifiers rely on a cache of secret weapons, including:
- TruReach Certify. The misuse of communication networks is a problem for network operators worldwide. With bad actors exploiting them to place nearly 5 billion illegal robocalls per month globally, consumers are losing trust in the authenticity of caller IDs. Identification Verifiers use TruReach Certify to reverse the curse of this eroding confidence and to support major stakeholders and organizations all over the world to help stop illegal robocalling and caller ID spoofing. Identification Verifiers know that TruReach Certify helps ensure caller ID information is authenticated and verified regardless of the country in which the call originated.
- TruReach Intel. Voice, text and data connect billions of people every single day at speeds unparalleled to any point in human history. Yet despite their ubiquity, formidable challenges remain. The growing volume of spam and scams amidst legitimate communicators makes it more challenging for businesses to efficiently reach consumers. To overcome these hurdles, Identification Verifiers turn to TruReach Intel, which streamlines processes for telephone phone number verification and approval from a single registration point.
- PortData Comply. Identification Verifiers know that reaching customers by telephone is an essential part of any business. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) prohibits the use of autodialers or pre-recorded voice messages to any telephone number in which the called party may be charged, such as certain mobile telephone numbers. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in large fines that may potentially damage a company’s reputation and impact its bottom line. With more than 600K porting transactions daily in the U.S. alone, it can be difficult to determine whether a telephone number is wireless or wireline just by looking at it. Fortunately, with PortData Comply Identification Verifiers can help companies adhere to the TCPA regulations by identifying which telephone numbers are ported between wireless and wireline each day.
- PortData Source. During criminal investigations, time matters – and criminals know it. Which is why one way for criminals to evade detection is by quickly switching telephones and telephone numbers from one service provider to another. For law enforcement and public safety personnel with PortData Source in their arsenal, Identification Verifiers can help save valuable time during investigations, since the robust solution helps them quickly find which service provider owns the telephone number and provides the law enforcement emergency contact information for that service provider.
- TruNumber Finder. Identification Verifiers also have TruNumber Finder at their disposal to help customer service representatives, number code administrators and network operators to work more efficiently and effectively. Leveraging their company’s Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC) account, the industry’s most reliable numbering data, customer service reps can quickly answer customer queries. Number code administrators can ensure the availability of sufficient numbering assets and number blocks in less time and service providers can determine ownership information…all at the push of a button.
Like their counterparts in the Trusted Communications Superheroes Squadron, the Identification Verifiers have one main goal: Keeping people connected, businesses running and commerce flowing.
how can Identification Verifiers help you?
If you are among the Identification Verifiers unmasking the hackers and fraudsters, download the free Superhero Identity Kit, including the official infographic, virtual background, and other trusted communications digital assets.
Stay tuned to learn more about the sagas the other Trusted Communications superhero comrades take on each day!