Modern Slavery Policy Statement
iconectiv, LLC along with its UK subsidiaries, Interconnect Communications Ltd. and Telcordia Operations Limited (collectively referred to in this policy as "iconectiv") acknowledge its responsibility in accordance with Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, forced compulsory labor, and human trafficking. We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically with integrity and transparency in all our business dealings and relationships to drive out acts of modern day slavery and human trafficking anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
iconectiv, LLC is the authoritative partner of the communications industry. Our marketleading solutions enable the interconnection of networks, devices and applications for more than two billion people every day. We have intimate knowledge of the intricacies and complexities involved in creating, operating and securing the communications infrastructure for service providers, regulators, enterprises, aggregators and content providers. Our global clients rely on us for network and operations management, numbering, registry and fraud prevention solutions. We are proud to be enabling the world of tomorrow by making new connections today. For more information, please visit www.iconectiv.com.
Position on modern slavery
We will ensure transparency within iconectiv and the suppliers of goods and services to iconectiv by:
- Assessing and reducing the risk in the business of modern slavery practices occurring by checking the authenticity of papers proving a right to work in the UK.
- Conducting due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a supplier. This due diligence includes a robust Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) process and the acknowledgement of our supplier code of conduct.
- Educating employees on the importance of immediately raising any concerns they may have.
- Protecting employees who are "whistle blowers" in respect of concerns they have about modern slavery.
In addition to this modern slavery policy statement, iconectiv has a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about behaviors or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Code of Business Ethics. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organization and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act. Employees acknowledge the Code of Business Ethics at the time of employment and annually throughout the term of employment. Everyone working for iconectiv has an individual responsibility to ensure that business practices adhere to the Code of Business Ethics.
iconectiv encourages people to speak up about any concerns regarding the company's responsible business practices. Through the iconectiv 1-800-CONDUCT hot-line and other avenues of reporting, employees and external parties can report suspected violations of laws or the Code of Business Ethics. This includes issues related to personal health and safety, the dignity of fellow employees, harassment and discrimination. Our CONDUCT hot line is available 24/7, 365 days per year and enables persons to anonymously report via phone from anywhere in the world. Violations reported through the iconectiv CONDUCT hot line are reported to the Audit Committee based an examination of the facts. Reports are confidential and appropriate actions are taken on suspected violations.
It is essential for employees to understand why respect for the individual is so important to being a responsible business. All employees take on-line training courses that address the dignity of human rights.
iconectiv plans to update its Code of Business Ethics training in 2019 to include issues around modern slavery and human trafficking.
The risk of slavery and human trafficking within iconectiv is substantially avoided and mitigated because of strict policies and procedures and the oversight built into our business operations.
The company will continue to address the risks and develop its work to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking across the supply chain and to explore ways to better measure the effectiveness of its approach, and determine how well risks are managed.
This statement covers the financial years 2018-2019 and was approved by the Board of Directors.
May 9, 2019
Member of the Board and President and CEO of iconectiv, LLC
Note: iconectiv, LLC is an Ericsson group company. Please also see www.ericsson.com for Ericsson's Modern Slavery Statement.
Click here for the original statement.