be part of the team
A professionally challenging and rewarding place to work, we believe our employee’s knowledge, skills and experience are our most valued assets. We offer a competitive and comprehensive package that includes competitive base and incentive pay; medical, dental, life insurance; disability programs; Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Savings/401(k), paid time off; education assistance and training. In addition to our full-time positions, we offer internships for students through our Intern University program and internships for professionals returning to the workforce through our affiliation with the Path Forward organization.
We are proud to be an EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled employer. The company's status is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws (FMLA, EEO, EPPA)
accommodations for applicants with disabilities
iconectiv is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online career page due to your disability and need accommodation, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Accommodation Request" as the subject line of your email or call us at 732-699-4414.
Contract - Sr. Enterprise Engineer (Linux/Windows)
6 month right to hire contract - The Enterprise Engineer will be a key member of the iconectiv IT Infrastructure and Operations team, and will be responsible for product strategy, roadmap management of iconectiv's Server Engineering services. The candidate will drive the direction and strategy of all technologies directly impacting iconectiv core infrastructure and business systems. Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
•The Sr. Enterprise Engineer (Linux Windows) is responsible for corporate and production design and implementation
•Process requests from internal ticketing system
•Provide 24/7 support for all corporate infrastructure via on-call rotation
•Define enterprise standards and ensure product engineering and lifecycle processes are followed
•Conduct evaluations of current services, looking for prospective enhancements
•Oversee and drive the implementation of enterprise initiatives related to core Infrastructure Services
•Direct and guide junior members of the team
•Advise and present to senior management technology related issues and trends
•Interact with key stakeholders to proactively identity business problems and opportunities that can be addressed with innovative technology solutions
•Translate business requirements into technical requirements
•Partner and work collaboratively with various IT groups to influence future technology decisions
•Bachelor’s degree preferred
•5 years’ experience in infrastructure engineering
•Experienced with Microsoft and Linux based Operating Systems (8+ years minimum)
•Experienced with Active Directory and Group Policy Management (8+ years minimum)
•Experienced with Virtualization technologies such as VMWare (vCenter rand ESXi), RHEL KVM (8+ years minimum)
•Experienced with DNS, DHCP, SMTP and Security Patching (Windows, Linux) services (8+ years minimum)
•Experienced with x86 server hardware (HP/Dell/Cisco UCS) (8+ years minimum)
•Experienced with Backups and Storage technologies (Avamar/DataDomains, Netapp, EMC)
•Strong scripting skills
•MCSA, MCSE or VCP certification is a plus
Senior Director - Corporate IT & Operations
iconectiv is recruiting for a seasoned IT executive who will lead the iconectiv Information Technology organization in providing day to day IT services for internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and skills enabling her/him to establish the vision, strategy and programs required to provide quality customer services/support and operational integrity and efficiency for all aspects of IT, including Networking, System Administration, Desktops, Mobile devices, and Help Desk services. In addition, the candidate will have experience with global data center management for co-location, managed services, and cloud services offerings.
As Sr. Director of Corporate IT & Operations you will be responsible to define the IT service strategy and organization goals to provide best practices in service engineering and operation, for business continuity and disaster recovery, and system performance across all aspects of the enterprise; from End User computing to the operational status of critical real time customer applications. You will lead a team of managers and IT professionals in support of Server Engineering, End User computing, Network Design and Management, Help Desk, and Network Operations Center services. You must develop a thorough understanding of the solutions (platforms, applications, and processes) in order to fully meet the technical requirements of the position. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly self-directed and capable of working without close supervision and in cooperation with other functional units, possess excellent communication and presentation skills to be effective both up and down the leadership chain.
In addition, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction over a 24x7x365 global IT operation
- Create, implement, and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plans, solutions, and operations enterprise wide
- Integrate and maintain operational compliance with enterprise security policies, standards, and procedures in lockstep with the CISO organization
- Create, implement, and maintain a technology roadmap aligned to business unit and enterprise security goals and objectives in conjunction with the office of the CTO and business unit heads
- Implement and manage processes and systems to proactively monitor the health and welfare of the company’s systems
- Continuous improvement of operational procedures and customer experience by providing regular feedback (survey) on how to enhance, grow, and tune the operational process
- Work with stakeholders (Business Units, CISO, Corporate) to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, and consultant IT contracts and service agreements
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and efficient growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems
- Enhance and maintain IT management functions aligned with the ITIL framework
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of engineering and procurement efforts
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Collaborate with Engineering, Program Management, Systems Administration and third-party infrastructure and tool providers
- Ensure environments (production, development, training, QA, etc.) are provided and managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Communicate with the executive team, the business clients on status, experiences, lessons learned, and on-going needs
- Lead incident management, and direct resolution of potentially complex customer troubles
- Continually review performance metrics, identify weak areas, and develop plans to improve
- Develop, enhance and execute documented procedures focusing on network monitoring and troubleshooting, and ensure the overall availability of the infrastructure and application Software
- Train, mentor and coach staff and continue to build the overall team technical expertise. Working with HR, provide technical training tracks for IT personnel.
- BS or higher in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or related field; exceptions can be made for the a qualified candidate with exceptional work experience)
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant working experience
- Experience with compliance of local regulations and remote operations practices and oversight of local partners
- Strong knowledge of IT service operations and management
- Experience in all traditional infrastructure areas, including: data centers, network, telecom, helpdesk, planning and engineering, desktop, and disaster recovery planning and storage capacity
- Experience verifying carrier grade, highly available systems’ performance for effectiveness, growth/scaling requirements, security, and compliance with regulatory mandates
- Experience in global data center management, migrations, and operations
- Strong track record for leading the integration of security requirements and best practices throughout the IT program
- Knowledge of and experience with security frameworks (ISO 27001/2, COBIT, NIST CSF)
- In depth experience with ITIL
- CISA or CISSP certification desirable
- Experience with Business Process Outsourcing
- Strong telecommunications industry knowledge
- Ability to translate business and regulatory requirements into operational processes
- Ability to work within a data center, potentially lift and/or reach for equipment, move cables and stand for extended periods of time.
Contract - Tier 2 Production Support Engineer
This Tier 2 Production Support Engineer is a 6 month contract with the potential to go full time. The individual hired for this position will provide end user support of applications for all iconectiv products that are deployed in different geographic locations as well as in USA. Strong Customer service, strong Technical skills and other soft skills are non-negotiable, while basic PC, laptop and network connectivity troubleshooting skills are a must. We are looking for a production support engineer who has hands on experience for supporting proprietary and critical business applications while providing outstanding customer service. This person must demonstrate very good technical skills, very good communication skills(both written and verbal)have self-initiative and self-direction in a fast paced, growth oriented company. Key responsibilities includes
•Supports the restoration of the application and service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to customer’s business operations.
•Responsible for all activities required to perform, monitor, and report on the incident remediation efforts.
•Can act as the Point of Contract (POC) for all Major Incident support and coordination. Responsible for the effective implementation of the Incident Management process and ensuring that incidents are managed and reported in accordance with the ITIL Incident Management process.
•Shall be the representative for the first stage of escalation for Incidents.
•Responsible for managing Tier 2 incident responses.
•Responsible for ensuring that all incidents are properly resolved and closed. Responsible for providing recommendations to the CBP Incident Manager for the continuous improvement of Incident Management Process.
•Support the following types of calls, questions, or tickets:
•Assimilate all provided training associated with the application, and processes/procedures
•Gain a full understanding of internal processes and assist as needed.
•Participate in discussions & brainstorming, review sessions on architecture, design, and logic.
•Work closely with a great, close-knit team.
•B.E degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering is preferred
•3 + years of customer service experience
•Excellent phone and verbal communication skills
•Application support experience is a Must
•Linux OS support experience is a Must
•Able to write SQL Queries and Shell or Python Scripting is a Must and is nonnegotiable.
•Superior MS Office Skills
•Strong business writing skills and the ability to author professional memos, reports, and correspondences
•Experience with reporting, metrics, SLA management, and quality assurance
•Strong organizational skills and the ability to build effective working relationships
•Excellent work ethics and customer focus
•Initiative, critical thinking and good follow through are key characteristics
•Any experience with Service Now or Jira or similar ticketing system is a must
•ITIL certification is preferred
•Previous participation in a complete, ground-up product deployment
•Familiarity with Java Application Middleware; specifically Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Advanced Platform is a plus
•Understanding of Relational Database Management System concepts and writing SQL queries; especially in the Oracle Database product line is desired
•Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
•Willingness to work in a 24/7 environments in case the need arises
•Experience working with a diverse, global community is preferred
•Develop the ability to sense issues and activities and communicate/escalate effectively
The qualified candidate for this position would be expected to:
• Work with internal clients to understand business needs from sales and/or procurement perspectives.
• Draft, review, revise, and participate in negotiation of both iconectiv standard form software/services sales agreements and/or vendor agreements as well as agreements provided by customers and/or vendors, with terms ranging from routine to complex, for both US and international data services sales opportunities, software and services sales opportunities, and vendor purchase agreements.
• Provide risk assessment of contract terms and conditions and offer alternative approaches to mitigate risk, including drafting and negotiating alternative contractual language.
• Recognize when to escalate issues and engage attorneys for legal support.
• B.S./B.A. or Advanced Degree.
• 8+ years of experience, preferably in support of telecommunications software and services businesses.
• Strong negotiation, analytical, and drafting skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Sound business judgment.
• High energy, self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, strong drive for results and a demonstrated passion for understanding and meeting multiple and simultaneous client objectives.
• Ability to absorb new concepts rapidly and find creative solutions to challenging business models and/or problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently, as well as with cross functional teams to meet time lines while delivering high quality results.
• Prior contract management and/or paralegal experience a plus.
Relocation Benefits: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
View full descriptionApply
Software Engineer - Contractor
• Spring framework, Spring Boot, RESTful APIs
• Core Java, J2EE
• JPA, Hibernate
• RDBMS, NoSQL databases
• Bachelor's Degree or higher with focus in computer science or engineering, or equivalent working experience
• Fast learner willing to learn new software technologies
• Outstanding problem solving skills
• Strong communications skills
• Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership
• Independent thinker and team player
Relocation Benefits: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.View full descriptionApply
Software Engineer - Contractor
Full stack developer with strong Server Side expertise to work on modifications to Common Language products as well as upgrading infrastructure platform
- Spring framework, Spring Boot, RESTful APIs
- Angular UI Development
- JPA, Hibernate
- RDBMS, NoSQL databases.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with focus in computer science or engineering, or equivalent working experience
- Fast learner willing to learn new software technologies
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong communications skills
- Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership
- Independent thinker and team player
Sr. Enterprise Engineer (Linux/ Windows)
The Enterprise Engineer will be a key member of the iconectiv IT Infrastructure and Operations team, and will be responsible for product strategy, roadmap management of iconectiv's Server Engineering services. The candidate will drive the direction and strategy of all technologies directly impacting iconectiv core infrastructure and business systems. Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- The Sr. Enterprise Engineer (Linux Windows) is responsible for corporate and production design and implementation
- Process requests from internal ticketing system
- Provide 24/7 support for all corporate infrastructure via on-call rotation
- Define enterprise standards and ensure product engineering and lifecycle processes are followed
- Conduct evaluations of current services, looking for prospective enhancements
- Oversee and drive the implementation of enterprise initiatives related to core Infrastructure Services
- Direct and guide junior members of the team
- Advise and present to senior management technology related issues and trends
- Interact with key stakeholders to proactively identity business problems and opportunities that can be addressed with innovative technology solutions
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Partner and work collaboratively with various IT groups to influence future technology decisions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in infrastructure engineering
- Experienced with Microsoft and Linux based Operating Systems (8+ years minimum)
- Experienced with Active Directory and Group Policy Management (8+ years minimum)
- Experienced with Virtualization technologies such as VMWare (vCenter rand ESXi), RHEL KVM (8+ years minimum)
- Experienced with DNS, DHCP, SMTP and Security Patching (Windows, Linux) services (8+ years minimum)
- Experienced with x86 server hardware (HP/Dell/Cisco UCS) (8+ years minimum)
- Experienced with Backups and Storage technologies (Avamar/DataDomains, Netapp, EMC)
- Strong scripting skills
- MCSA, MCSE or VCP certification is a plus