- Customer Retention – As an Account Director, you will own all aspects of retention in the existing customer base and also grow the business where needed. Manage/juggle multiple projects/cases within assigned accounts, work to address client requests/asks in a timely fashion that meets their expectation and our company goals. Communicates client needs in a clear and concise way to the Technical team and management; escalating appropriately as needed. This individual will be responsible for managing approximately 30+ accounts;
- Revenue Retention & Growth- Make customers raving fans of our products/services and support their adoption and drive account expansion through cross selling and upselling. Ability to identify ‘at risk’ accounts and nurture them back to health; Drive referrals from current customers & identify opportunities to grow business. Collaborates with sales team to reach prospective clients.
- Build Stronger Customer Relationships - A customer-driven focus with a passion for understanding customers and prospects better than any other vendor or consultant with whom they work. Know the client accounts well enough to anticipate needs and suggest options for utilizing our services in new and exciting ways. Schedule and facilitate regularly scheduled meetings with clients to understand their needs and address issues/future plans; Keeps records of client transactions, support tickets and feature requests and drives them to closure. Help steer product decisioning through knowledge of marketplace and prioritized feature lists;
- Contracts/Invoicing – Maintain clear understanding of contracted services and billables within named accounts; Create contract amendments with legal as needed to upsell/grow the accounts; review billing disputes with clients and address invoicing questions. Understand complex pricing models and assess impact to company before recommending pricing options to management;
- 5+ years of account management experience; Prior experience managing and retaining multiple accounts concurrently (10+);
- Extensive knowledge of the business messaging/SMS landscape and various use cases in which texting would prove beneficial for customers
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal;
- Experience up-leveling contacts (i.e.: building relationships with executives) at assigned accounts
- Ability to appropriately set client expectations and document commitments/timelines clearly to avoid confusion;
- Experience leading Business Reviews (weekly, quarterly, annually) with clients; Showcasing analysis of key metrics within the account and opps for growth;
- Excellent time management and organizational Skills; with a systematic approach for not letting things fall through the cracks
- Peers love working with you; you bring energy, integrity, and a relentless pursuit of success to the office culture
- Should be a quick learner
- Experience with Salesforce to track account activities, cases, opportunities, etc.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Accountability – possesses a high say/do ratio; People can depend on you to meet your deliverables