iconectiv is seeking a senior business development professional with strong technical skills who is outcome driven and highly motivated to have an impact on the communications sector, solving complex issues and getting new capabilities adopted. This role is part of the CTO organization and the candidate will participate in the market incubation of corporate growth initiatives, build relationships with lead customers and key industry stakeholders while promoting iconectiv as a thought leader to the industry. The candidate will also contribute to industry initiatives in standards bodies as well as various industry associations and other forums. The candidate will serve as Chair for some initiatives as well as editor or contributor for others. Internally, the candidate will brief iconectiv stakeholders on market progress for new initiatives and on applicable industry initiatives including their strategic implications. The candidate will also ensure the company perspective is understood and radiate this perspective outwards by engaging with key industry stakeholders. The candidate will have ownership for advancing certain initiatives as well as contribute to iconectiv strategic planning and inorganic pursuits. The candidate may also engage with regulatory and legislative stakeholders as part of the role. This is an individual contributor role and the candidate will own certain initiatives which will involve collaborating with other iconectiv staff as appropriate.
The specific duties include the following:
- Analyze industry trends and identify market opportunities that leverage iconectiv core competencies to drive development of new services
- Define solution requirements and commercial models; as appropriate, identify potential partners or vendors
- Engage the marketplace to promote new iconectiv services, building relationships with lead customers and key stakeholders
- Represent iconectiv as a neutral and trusted advisor to the industry in various forums, whether as Chair, Editor or Contributor.
- Ensure there is thorough inbound briefing and alignment internally for industry-driven initiatives and that the company perspective is communicated outwards as appropriate.
- Take ownership for advancing certain initiatives within iconectiv, including organic and inorganic approaches, and contribute to the strategic planning process.
- Serve as a resource to product marketing and corporate communications, assisting with copy and delivering industry webinars
- 8+ years business development experience with demonstrated ability to launch new products and services and win lead customers
- Industry relations and/or regulatory/standards experience in the communications sector
- Strong technical familiarity with key areas in the communications sector – identity, cloud, 5G, IoT, and PKI
- Strong facilitation and persuasion skills as well as effective interaction with senior executives
- Must possess excellent written communication, presentation skills and business acumen
- Occasional travel will be required