- Provide network engineering and architecture governance.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Work with data center staff managing network equipment on behalf of iconectiv to design, implement and test network expansions and changes.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Deploy, install and configure hardware such as switches, routers, load balancers, network monitoring systems and security related products.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various network initiatives.
- Direct and guide junior members of the team.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Assess vendor development/test strategies.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Perform network maintenance activities - upgrade network hardware, IOS upgrades and network routing configuration implementations and modifications, as required.
- Be able to advise and present to senior management technology related issues and trends.
- Be available to support the needs of the business 24 x 7 via on-call when there is an urgent need or outage that needs to be investigated or addressed.
- BS or MS in Network Engineering and Administration or related technology field.
- At least 10 years of IT Network experience.
- Strong experience in the areas of Network requirements analysis, architecture, engineering, operations and maintenance.
- Experience with Cisco router, ASA, and switching (Catalyst, Nexus) systems, F5 load balancing and network monitoring tools.
- Experience in the following areas: WAN, LAN, Switching, and IP addressing, Routing Protocols, Firewalls, IPSec VPN tunnels and network/data security.
- Experience with SNMP – and NetFlow-based network monitoring and management
- Experience with infrastructure cabling and premise guideline specifications
- Experience with various operating systems and environments (Windows, Linux, Solaris).
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to create and maintain comprehensive network documentation.
- Ability to communicate with executive management.