Senior VP, Product and Management
The iconectiv Information Solutions business is seeking a Senior Vice President of Product Development & Management within the Information Solutions Business Unit. The Information Solutions products include Common Language, TRA, International Number Portability Clearinghouses and Gateways, Wireless Number Portability, SMS messaging products, Common Short Code Registry, as well as, operating as the SHAKEN Policy Administrator and providing Fraud Detection and Prevention products. These products are sold globally, having been deployed in 20+ countries. Each product is managed by ‘Product growth unit’ team.
- Lead new Product Development to identify new opportunities to grow the information solutions business. A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the broader telecoms/information/communications ecosystem and be able to articulate key areas of focus.
- Drive a process to incubate/grow new opportunities with demonstrable business results, ultimately becoming new products within the portfolio.
- Accountability for the overall business plan results of this portfolio driving year over year growth. Mentor the product growth units to establish and maintain the annual business plan for each of the portfolio offerings covering new orders, earned revenue, costs and direct margin. Interlock with Sales on these objectives and support Sales through customer engagements, proposals and opportunity/deal P&Ls. Support the product line leads in their reporting monthly on business plan status relative to actuals and key actions to meet the business plan commitments.
- Ensure the product leads are investing to grow the business through market driven roadmaps and a defined Go-To-Market strategy. Mentor the product leads to follow a streamlined New Product Development process including business cases, pricing strategies and Go-To-Market plans for growth investments. Drive synergies across the portfolio to accelerate growth, monitor progress against the agreed success criteria and ensure timely and appropriate decisions are made regarding the initiatives.
- Work with the existing product growth units to drive decisions on investment, technology, partners, bundling of components and platform costs/margins based on market opportunity and business rationale. Collaborate with the field, channels and customers to understand the commercial drivers for specific platform features and new offerings and define the high-level requirements working with the CTO, Strategy and Solution Architects.
- Collaborate with the product growth units, marketing and sales to support the annual product planning and 5-year strategy processes, as well as Sales Interlock activities.
- General focus should be 70:30 Development of new products to Management of existing products.
The ideal Senior Vice President of Product Management candidate is currently in a Global Product Management/Product Marketing and/or Business Development Executive leadership role responsible for managing a +$100M revenue business with a track record demonstrating above industry average revenue and margin growth. Experience profitably growing Software as a Service (SaaS)/Cloud based and transaction-based products and/or managed service solutions are considered a plus.
The ideal candidate possesses 15+ years of relevant industry experience include a technology background with deep operational experience, and a strong working knowledge of the telecommunication market. Experience includes 10+ years of leadership experience in progressively more challenging roles and is well connected into Tier-1 customer bases. Candidates must have large engagement strategic solutions product management experience. This individual must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability for new product development.
- 10+ years SaaS or telecommunications industry experience growing a P&L profitably for global solutions in mobile and other network technologies, including SaaS business models, transactions and managed services.
- Demonstrated track record of new product development in the telecoms/ information communications ecosystem.
- 10+ years managing products in the telecom industry with demonstrated experience in market driven product growth initiatives including business cases across a broad portfolio; plus driving to success criteria in accordance with a “gate/approval process” for providing software products and solutions.
- Strong leadership skills supervising and coaching an organization of product line managers and facilitating inter-departmental collaboration with engineering, sales, marketing, operations and finance to successfully complete projects, maintain customer satisfaction and achieve business objectives.
- Good understanding of the emerging communications landscape (to enable identification of new product areas).
- Extensive knowledge of competitive landscape of SMS aggregator, routing solution providers, and data infrastructure vendor communities worldwide.
- Must possess excellent written communication and presentation skills and business acumen.
- Experience interfacing with Tier 1 operators, equipment manufacturers, system integrators and/or regulators globally.
- Strong independent work ethic while also making a positive contribution to an existing, highly collaborative work environment.
- Travel as required for the role.
- English language fluency.
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry standards.
- Experience executing/supporting M&A deals.