NOC I Engineer
Your role as a NOC I Engineer is to ensure service platform health and integrity through system, application, network, security, and database monitoring. In this position, you will play a crucial role in the Network Security Operations Center (NSOC) by being a key member of the service solution monitoring team. In addition to monitoring, you will be required to provide support to the Customer Service and Operations Engineering teams to assist in troubleshooting service/system issues, collecting system/application/performance data, managing trouble tickets, performing notifications and escalations and system and application sanity testing.
As a NOC I Engineer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Production and Test environment application and security (SIEM) platform monitoring for alarms, performance and security issues on systems, applications, databases, and network/customer connectivity.
- Manage alarm events and technical application issues – creating, modifying, troubleshooting, and closing trouble tickets and routing issues to appropriate teams or vendors to be investigated and provide assistance wherever needed or requested.
- Perform assigned daily, weekly, and monthly operations maintenance duties.
- Perform basic system administrator functions such as: alarm detection, correlation and resolution; capture and review error logs, capture and analyze trace data, platform sanity testing, run performance and capacity analysis reports and provide overall system administration assistance whenever needed or requested.
- Support platform maintenance and testing initiatives.
- Support/Perform Project Tasks, Requirements, and other Operations deliverables, as requested.
- Strictly adhere to standard Methods and Procedures (M&P) and Protocols defined for Operations Center personnel.
- Generate and maintain operational and technical documentation to support the development and/or improvement of all Operations initiatives - M&Ps, Standard Operations Procedures, MoPs, Testing Execution Records, and Technical Administration Guides.
- Mandatory attendance at staff meetings and training seminars.
- Successful completion of NOC Certification Training Curriculum.
- Must be available to work 24x7 rotating shifts including day, swing, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- UNIX/Linux/Solaris experience and system administration knowledge.
- Previous experience in Network or Service Operations Center, technical troubleshooting, customer support, monitoring systems and knowledge of ticket and incident management, resolution and escalation processes.
- Knowledge of IT service operations and management. Experience in a customer care and technical support in an IT environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications Suite and SharePoint.
- Proficiency with Written and Oral communications and documentation.
- Familiarity with ITIL standards, ServiceNow, Testing, Number Portability, Telecommunications and Networking is a plus.
- Personal Attributes: Must be a Team-player; good organizational, writing, and communication skills; customer and quality focused; highly motivated and self-starter; innovative thinker; and able to work independently.
- Associates degree, college or equivalent experience in technology related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience.